Avast! In the spirit of really goofy and fun holidays (see No Pants Day or System Admin Day….I missed System Admin day this year because I off was being Awesome riding roller coasters at Kings Island), Be Awesome Instead will be celebrating International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Every September 19 ye shall speak as ye ol Pirate would. Ahoy, Avast, Arrr, Grog, Land Lubber and more are perfectly acceptable in all conversings today. Ye be happy and jolly because silliness is the holiday’s best selling point.
To help out all me mates, here be ye the Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrr…Get ye booty (like treasure…not like…oh who cares…)
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I’d love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How’d you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
1. Prepare to be boarded.
*photo from flickr by kk+