The Magician’s Code – s07e23 and 24
- music from The Legend of Zelda (plays as Marshall talks with the cash machine)
- You Were Born by Cloud Cult (playing as baby Marvin “wait for it” Erkisen arrives to the world)
- The Wind by Cat Stevens (Ted & Victoria drive off into the sunset & closing moments of Season 7)
The Magician’s Code, Part 1
I don’t have a lot to say about this episode. It was awesome to see some focus on Marshall & Lily. In fact this may be the most even episode of the season. Even, in the sense that everyone was involved. What I don’t get is other than the continuation feel of going from one episode to the next, why call it “The Magician’s Code” as well?
I digress. The point of the episode was baby MArvin “Wait For It” Eriksen… that and possibly giving us enough story lines to fill up next season.
Robin: Once you see a baby erupt through that canal, you stop even touching yourself…
Lily: I remember that suit, he looked like a little kids imaginary friend.
Robin: That was not cool Ted.
Robin: That…wasn’t cool Ted?
Old Ted: Kids, sometimes the universe sends you exactly what you act for…other times, it sends you Lily’s dad.
Ted: That head was coming out of your best friend
Moments of Awesomeness
- Marshall talking like Yoda
- the Big Thing?
- “wait for it” may in fact be the greatest name ever… but my wife said no.
- lots of great stories to entertain Lily… did they just outline all of Season 8?
- despite not being a huge fan of Lily’s dad, this may have been the best we have seen of Chris Elliott on HIMYM yet.
- Marvin “Wait for it” Eriksen
- Knowing that Barney’s bride was teased so much in the promo, twitter, act…I just want the baby to be born and move on…you knew it would be the last moment of the season. And seriously, baby’s are cute and all but I was over it before it happend. Awesome middle name though.
the ReReturn Moment (despite the fact it was butted up to Part 2)
Marshall goes through the green door to find he had been tricked.
The Magician’s Code Part 2
This finale honestly seemed so intense at moments I had trouble taking notes…so if I missed anything or got it off, just consider that your invitation to fill in the blank. Cool?
Barney. A wedding that that went horribly wrong. That’s what Ted said. So knowing that and seeing who Barney’s bride was/is… is that good or bad news for Robin/Barney fans? And what else do we know about the wedding once we put the pieces together:
- Barney is the groom
- Robin is the Bride
- Ted meets the mother for the first time there
- Barney questions his choice (not just the actual tie)
- Ted says it went horribly wrong
- They probably will have cake…I love cake
Marshall: I wonder how much this would hurt
Robin: And you threw it all away for some hot piece of ass
Ted: You mean you
Robin: Aww, Thank you.
Ted: click. photo burn
Marshall: 8 or higher bro
Barney: Last chance to run away together…
Moments of Awesomeness
- Robin dropping relationship knowledge on Ted.
- Overhead camera that zooms in on whoever is being the loudest
- Victoria in a wedding dress
- Marshall’s love of weddings… nice touch.
- While Robin wasn’t as much of a surprise, the Victoria moment came out of nowhere. I love being taken off guard.
- Ted is definitely trying to make the Wedding bride two with this one.
- I reserve the right to talk bad here if in the future I don’t like what happend with Robin & Barney… I trust the show peeps and all but hated the fact that Ted started by saying it was a Wedding that went badly…
- Is it good or bad that Robin is the bride?
- How are Barney & Quinn going to fall apart?
- What’s the end game of the Ted & Victoria piece? We know (unless all the clues so far are false) the she isn’t the mother… so what are you thoughts on there this is going?
- Will Season 8 end it? No official word yet but Carter & Craig they won’t keep that a secret once it’s for sure.