Canning Randy – Season 6 Episode 7
Sorry for my hiatus people. I’m back. Hope you enjoyed the guest post, I know I did…well that and my vacation.
I’ve found Season 6 of How I Met Your Mother very entertaining. Good story arch, hilarious moments, and some questions seem like they are going somewhere. I can’t really say that much about this episode. And I really hate the feeling that we are drifting back into a string of seemingly unrelated one off episodes, like in Season 5. Don’t get me wrong, there were some great laughs to be had. Lot’s of commercials (including the Warmpess Beer Ad they didn’t show tonight)… and it was nice to have call backs like the alarm from Lucky Penny, the return of Will Forte as Randy and a little more of the Zoey story. But at the end of the day, we still went no where. I just felt kind of disappointing.
With that said, don’t be sad…be awesome instead. I do still thing HIMYM is going somewhere this season. We may just have to laugh through a few of these till we see it. Let’s talk about what I did like:
Lily: Well did it hurt? Getting that girls nose removed from your ass?
Ted: It’s not her nose that’s in my ass Lily…It’s her heart.
Ted: boo. freaking. hoo.
Ted: Zoey, you’re very pretty. Your hair smells great.
Zoey: Shampoo, you should try it sometime.
Barney: There is no quit in that guy. You should fire him.
Marshall: He needs to be fixed.
Arthur: Marshall, we do a lot of bad things but…
Ted: Gangbusters (now that’s a much better catch phrase than “where’s the poop)
Moments of Awesomeness
- Loved the costumes. Barney’s Cobra Kai costume was my favorite. Plus… nice call back. Also, how can we not mention Robin’s nurse outfit… sorry, nose bleed.
- Randy (Will Fotre) was quite funny. Nice to see him back. Loved the Warmpess
- Psycho teacher Lily. Best moments of the show. The stuffed horse head was a nice touch.
- Call backs. Was I the only one who felt like the alarm was a call back to Lucky Penny? I know it was the same alarm order… Plus from Unfinished: Where’s the poop Robin?… (it was funny because it’s a call back. not cause I like the phrase)
Marshall finally says the line for Barney’s GNB promo video.
- We all know Zoey (Jennifer Morrison) is around for a few more episode. But where is it going?
For now, what did you think? One off or Furthering the cause? Favorite Stuff?