Lobster Crawl – Season 8 Episode 9 Discussion
I really wanted to work hard tonight to make my return after having Jenn guest post for the past 3 weeks be amazing. And up until the last few minutes of the show I was ready to do just that. Then the last few minutes of “Lobster Crawl” happened and I can’t really put my finger on what precisely it was…but I lost it. Other than the re-return moment, that may have been the most confusing and disappointing ending I’ve witnessed in HIMYM.
I do want to be clear… overall I liked the episode and there were some really funny moments. Brobibs, Barney’s tie Cornelius with one of the funniest lines ever and Laura Croft Robin. I mean seriously some top notch stuff. But the ending bother me. Maybe it’s because I felt like the we might be getting somewhere…and what we get is at best more character development for Barney…and Robin…Maybe one of you can describe it better.
I digress. I feel like it’s best I just leave you all with moments and lines tonight. If I feel differently after watching again I’ll add some more here… I’d love to know if I’m way off here or whether you all felt the same. Sound off in the comments and thanks for visiting!
Lily: Well…it’s come to this. We’re drinking with our baby in a bar
Marshall: Now that we have been parents for a while we realize that pretty much any moron can take care of a baby.
Barney (quoting his tie): Just this morning he told me “I’m getting too old for this shirt”
Lily: If you ever wanna see these boobs again, crawl you son of me!
Ted: Someone’s going to be a Browns Fan!
Lily: There is he, straddle me, start grinding…nothing is off limits.
Moments of Awesomeness
- The death of Cornelius the red tie complete with legal reference.
- Bro Bibs. Wearing bibs all the time. Nice. Invest now! brobibs.com
- Bro Bibs for women… Bitch Bibs!
- Let’s go for the trifecta on the brobibs gag… also notice: dudeaprons.com
- Poor Patrice and concerning the end…DAMNIT PATRICE!
- a v-neck really is a Robin Williams look.
- Robin as Laura Croft…Oh My.
- To my knowledge we STILL DO NOT know if this is the last season or not. Come on…. it makes it pretty difficult to see if we are moving too slow or too fast.
- Robin acting like a 15 year old
- The trench coat technique never fails.
- WFT just happened with that ending… Are we sure this is the same Robin and Barney we have known for the previous 7 seasons?
Ted sits to talk with Marshall & Lily…they “forgive” him. years into the future Ted ask Marshall & Lily to keep his little girl. With the yellow umbrella hanging in the background Ted leaves …and Marshall & Lily prepare to take their revenge of FIRSTS!
- What in the world was up with the ending?
- Did this episode really take us anywhere?
- What did you all think? Sound off in the comments!